14 Oct 2014

Day 14: All good things come to an end



In the Bay of Biscay 14/10/14
After the storm of the day before, Monday was actually spent enjoying a period of blissful calm far from landfall. Aboard the Saga Sapphire cruise ship, we are now in the Bay of Biscay sailing sedately between two large areas of low pressure. Our timing appears to have been perfect for a smooth crossing to England. 

Fortunately, the passenger casualties I had been expecting as a result of our ship’s pitching and rolling on Sunday never appeared. Somehow the dear wrinklies on board, many of whom I have become quite endeared to by now, had all survived intact, which proves that you don’t become old if you are stupid.

Well soon this particular Lap of the Western Med cruise will be over. Our bags are slowly being packed and this evening we will be having our last night on board before arrival and disembarkation in Southampton. I can imagine that the evening meal tonight will be a rather muted affair compared to all the wonderful dinner conversations previously had on board.  I am sure that tonight many of us will be sadly raising a parting glass to fellow passengers who, in all likelihood, will never be seen again.

And as partings go, this will be the last post I write on this blog for a while. To my readers, I do hope that you have enjoyed reading my musings as much as I have enjoyed writing them for you. On a final note, let me simply end by thanking  all of you who actively encouraged me to continue with this project for the duration of the cruise.  Take care and live long!

No comments:

Post a Comment